Here is the first fitting with my model, Chris. She is wearing a corset and undergarments of her own in this fitting. These are things that I shall remake in fabrics of my choice (using hers as a pattern!)- but for this stage it was a good shortcut to check how the fitting of the other garments is going.
There is still work to do on the crinoline- a pleated frill needs adding to the bottom to make sure the skirts that are worn over it don't cave in at the bottom and break up the shape.
The green underskirt is quite a thick fabric, which helps to disguise the hoops in the crinoline. I have chosen blotchy and misprinted fabrics for this skirt to introduce colour- but not show the highest quality of printing on the level of the costume.
I failed to get a photo of the bodice toile being tried on, so here is a photo after the fitting. It needed pinning down most of the seams to reshape it closely to Chris. I will now take it apart, reshape the panels and cut them out using the final fabric.
Below is the crinoline after the fitting! I like how it concertinas on the floor
No comments:
Post a Comment